Infact, we go further then that. Those initial admins such as myself and Doner don't actually get the chance to play a character we -want- to play, we sacrifice our time playing event characters and enabling other players to develop. The more I think about it, the more selfless it seems, we're not getting anything out of this, nor do we want to. We merely want to run a community that enables high quality role-play. You see, we built this entire community purely as a test, I for one have ran successful communities before, way more successful then Sevilidan and thus' the fact I see our playerbase maxing out on a daily basis doesnt phase me. Not one bit, however...
Whilst this is all a test, there is but ONE thing that phases me-
And it aint the cat girls or certain silly choices some characters make OR the fact we PK incredible amounts of characters on a weekly basis.
The thing that bothers me and Doner is quite simple, EVERYONE is out of place.
Let me explain and begin this rant, prehaps you'll all explain where my fury comes from.
1. Certain characters are out of place, incredibly out of place - You'd think it in a democratic society this'd be fine, but we live in a medieval society where Lords hold over land, control armies and have a monarch. These lords of course can CONSCRIPT anyone they want and hold ultimate political power over their realms. YET unlike most lords in the Real world who'd came and passed. Our lords are quite relaxed and chilled, yet the amount of IC sheer disrespect they recieve from all characters makes no sense, at all.
Concidering every lord is providing a garrison, protecting EVERYONE from demons. Ensuring food gets inside the average joes belly. Some people seem to regard Noble characters as just another average joe on the street. So I become -incredibly- angry when a Lord invites guests to a feast. Guests who have NO power or any political standing, whom a lord has no oath to look after at all by the way treats them to a noble feast and receives disrespect. Yes, this is but one example and it goes further.
We've planned for an event of royalty showing up, but upon showing up and within' five minutes of approching the first fortification. Royalty is immediantly insulted upon with threats and foul remarks. Now folks, believe it or not but doing ANYTHING like this in a medieval society isnt just a crime. It's actually concidered treason. Jesus, you treat the royalty as if they're tyrants. These characters in our fantasy setting have freaking protected you for generations, they're GOOD rulers, not tyrants.
Conclusion to point 1 - Everyone is incredibly out of place, your acting like a modern character responding to ideas of medieval life. Rejecting things like Lords, Royalty and claims. All of this seems to go past your heads, you're commoners. Commoners ARE NOT university intellectuals, stop. Right now.
2. Demons are friends? What in the holy fuck are some of you doing? Let me explain, a demon no matter the type is an incredibly evil spawn from hell. Everything about them is designed to kill/taint/fuck with mortal kind. Fair enough some demons are DIFFERENT and make use of different plans. But when I see characters acting casual as fuck towards a demon not realizing the full implications it has, I cringe so fucking hard. Let me remind you, demons rape you, kill you and fucking slaughter your families. This point co-incides with point one. Lords protect you but you'd rather toss shit at a lord and try to befriend a demon.
-ARE YOU INSANE?-
It kinda' speaks enough. You guys should be opposing this threat with incredible might before shit gets worse because it will, we push these consequences forward. It's apart of the test. We do not give a shit if you decide to leave simply because you have some thought in your head that we're here to ensure you get more gear, get stronger and survive with each encounter.
3. Beasts - Again, like Demons these races are seen as warbands and incredibly violent threats to man-kind. But no, lets be friends right? Despite the fact a character like Tarsh has ripped up many characters. You guys still don't adapt to the idea that a character like Tarsh likes the SMASH.
4. Executions, burnings, stoning etc - Yeah folks, your characters act like they've never seen anything like this today. Things like being beheaded, stoned to death, having a tongue cutt out ect is pretty common in medieval society. Again, most characters are acting like privileged university students.
5. Atheism - Sweet jesus people... we're not a modern society, this is Medieval fantasy roleplay, not fucking 2012 demons invade roleplay. Fanatical religions exist, those whom are seen as heretical are burned at the stake. To push the point, these religions are actually REAL. Things like the LIGHT, NATURAL POWER, SPIRITS and DEMONS actually fucking exist. It's fantasy roleplay. So why the fuck are a good number of you once again acting like middle class spoiled university students walking around, snarling PUBLICALLY at religion whilst publically roleplaying athism. It's pure madness! Athism exists because WE KNOW gods do not exist, we KNOW about matter. WE KNOW the world isnt flat and that we're possibly not the only life in the universe. We know this because it's fucking applicable to our real universe. However, some of you are roleplaying modern intellegent characters who understand the concept of fucking physics. Everyone is cutt from the same cloth for a reason, you're commoners.
If the real fact you can see things like spirits, powers of the light and fucking demons still causes you to reject it and believe in athism. Then atleast FAKE being a heretic. Jesus people, you'll get burned at the stake by religious fanatics! Where is the fear aspect?
In conclusion majority of the characters in our community are incredibly out of place and this ISNT the kind of thing roleplay I want to run. Doner agrees, it isnt the type of roleplay he funded for. We did this because we wanted a roleplay server where we could allow people to roleplay different aspects and actually have a unusual degre in roleplay freedom whilst testing things like character sheets and other new elements that come to mind. We don't care for the fact we hit 20/20 averagely OR the fact people enjoy it here.
Things NEED to be better then this for there is no way in hell I am going to continue running a community that may be quantity but shit quality. So I beg you please, for the love of the server if you really want this to keep going for more then 1 month, please change your habbits. I know you can all roleplay but so many of you get so caught up in this bubble and forget the setting.
Thank you for reading.